- Original equipment in Agilient® Mass Spec and LC Mass Spec
- 1/4" fittings VICI Metronics part# P350-2 is Agilent #G1946-80047 equivalent
- Specifically designed to purify nitrogen produced from nitrogen generators
- Decrease baseline noise and increase GC/MS sensitivity
- Reduce background noise and ghost peaks
VICI Metronics nitrogen purifiers are optimized for the high flow nitrogen gas supply used on LC/MS instruments. Several types of contaminants are detrimental to LC/MS performance - notably moisture, hydrocarbons, and halocarbons. A VICI Metronics nitrogen purifier module placed in line with the nitrogen gas delivery system removes these contaminants, retaining them for the operating life of the purifier.
The purifier reduces most contaminant levels from many parts per million to levels that are below the lower limit of analytical detection and absorbs a larger number and a greater variety of contaminants than other commonly used adsorptive materials. In particular, the VICI Metronics nitrogen purifier has been shown to outperform the carbon-based hydrocarbon traps previously used for this application.